Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Broken Android

Wikipedia describes an android as "a robot or synthetic organism designed to look and act like a human. The word derives from ανδρός, the genitive of the Greek ανήρ anēr, meaning "man", and the suffix -eides, used to mean "of the species; alike" (from eidos, "species")."

To paraphrase, an android is something that is artificial manufactured to be human. But it's still not human. It looks human,it sounds human, it may even act humman...

But it's not.

And honestly, lately I've begun to doubt my humanity. Everytime I look around, it's painfully obvious that I'm nothing like any of these people around me. I would love to get more in depth to this, but I just don't feel like it right now. So I'll just break this down in the short way.

-I feel that from the moment we are born, we begin to become proccess,manipulated, and shaped into what society wants us to be.
-We become part-human(the part of us that is genuine & was created with the help of our own individuality)
-We become part-robot (the part of us that has been shaped by pop-culture and society as a whole.) But just because pop-culture/society influences you, it doesn't mean you are automatically like these posers & pretenders. It also doesnt mean you lack originality.
-Balance is needed. The balance should not be 50/50. Your human(original) self should outweigh your robot(influenced) self at all times & should never equate.
-A 70/30 ratio is acceptable.
-I think my ratio is like 80/20.
-But sociey & pop-culture wants all of our ratios to have our robot sides dominating.
-They want us to be more manufactured & the same.
-My message to you is, "you don't have to be."
-You don't have to be the image of perfection that they force upon us.
-You don't have to conform.
-Be yourself.
-I'm a nerd
-I'm an outcast
-I'm a wierdo
-I'm not the perfectly built robot that they want us to be
-I'm The Broken Android

Peace

1 comment: